Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Status Update

So for the last few months blog posts have been lacking/skimpy. Part of the reason has more to do with my own feelings as mentioned in a previous post. However, part of it is due to the fact that I have been focusing more on promoting my currently published stories while also writing and editing others. Now some of that promoting has been mentioned in past posts, while others have been mentioned on Facebook. I still plan to focus a lot of more energy on promoting my books for a while, but I have also been thinking about ways I could utilize this blog.

In the past I considered handing out writing tips, and I tried not so subtly to do that by talking about my thoughts as I write and edit my novels. I also considered writing reviews, but the one thing that has always stopped me is that I am a very critical reader. I am not exaggerating. I have put a book down after one sentence because it "just didn't sit right with me". I can't even live up to my own writing expectations so it seems unfair to ask others to. Then again, reviews seem to be one of the best ways for authors to get their names out there without approaching every blogger/reviewer to read their novel.

As I said, I am still thinking and I will hopefully come to a decision soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment