Saturday, February 9, 2013

Those Lovable Gorons


So I have a complicated relationship with the Legend of Zelda franchise, but I will say this: I love Gorons. 


When I played Ocarina of Time I was my most motivated to save those lovable rock-eaters, unlike some other characters who were barely present and/or rude. There is just something so lovable about Gorons. It’s their little quirks like trying to eat the Goron Ruby (anyone else remember that guy?) and curling up into a ball until someone approaches that just makes them so great.

Also, their design is amazing. The big eyes and mouth combined with the pudgy belly and tiny legs give off a teddy bear feel. Granted, you just have to take a closer look at those limbs to see that a Goron could crush your skull just by flexing. Oh, and let's not forget what happens when they curl into a ball and roll right into you with their jagged back. Such deadliness and cuddliness in one body is so awesome.


 I wish that one day I could make a character/creature as lovable and deadly as the Gorons.

No comments:

Post a Comment